Init7 Global Backbone

We operate our own international IP backbone to ensure maximum performance: AS13030. Our backbone routers are sited in key strategic locations and linked together via multiple 10-gigabit fibreoptic connections. We achieve very short latencies and very high throughput rates worldwide through a redundantly structured network and arrangements with carefully selected international carriers. Our backbone infrastructure is rounded out by some 8’000 direct peerings (direct connections with other networks) which we are able to use as an active open peering policy proponent.

Performance data

The AS13030 is connected to around 20 Internet Exchange Points. This enables us to directly reach about 65% of the global routing table. The remaining approximate 35% of destinations are connected via globally distributed upstreams. This redundant infrastructure allows us to provide transit services with guaranteed bandwidth without overbooking at any time.