How can I test the speed of my internet connection?
To perform a speed test, proceed as follows:
- Disconnect your router from the power supply for five minutes before the speed test
- Disconnect all devices from the router and use the Ethernet cable to connect your computer/laptop directly to the router (PLEASE NOTE: WLAN speed tests are not permissible for measurements)
- Restart your computer/laptop and open a browser (Chrome or Firefox)
- Call up the Init7 speed test server
- Carry out two to three measurements
If the speed values are still unsatisfactory even after these factors have been taken into consideration, contact our Fiber7 support team.
Please include three links of the speed test results (example) along with your enquiry as well as a list of the hardware you are using (from the end device to the OTO socket) so that we can carry out our troubleshooting with precision.